What Children Remember - Tasha Hunter


I learned of Tasha Hunter's memoir What Children Remember when I attended a virtual bookfair in 2020, shortly after quarantine started. After hearing small portions of her story and reasons for writing the book, I purchased it immediately. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down and finished reading a few days later.

The pages are filled with emotions, detailing the trauma Hunter experienced through physical, emotional and sexual abuse to an unimaginable degree. She faced unthinkable things over and over and over again, and she fought her way through them all. Her ability and courage to share her story serves as a voice for those who haven't survived, as well as for those who have survived and are afraid to live and speak.

Tasha has strength and wisdom that she undoubtedly was born with and, despite her horrific experiences, was able to nurture them into a testimony that will inspire. In my opinion, she is the epitome of a fighter and a survivor.



Comments

Popular Posts