Growth - Elin Olausson


Elin Olausson's passion for dark, creepy, and cringy shines in her debut short story collection Growth.

This compilation of twenty psychological thrillers covers everything - the loss of parents, secrets from the past, being isolated because of insanity, betrayal and broken promises. Sometimes I felt like the characters were searching for answers to bring them closure and peace while simultaneously wondering if knowing the truth would be worse than not knowing. As much as they wanted to find themselves, they were also hiding from themselves.

There is a strong attention to detail that gives life to each story, and the vivid imagery sometimes made me feel I was right there with the characters. Every story is thought provoking, and I found myself wanting more of each story.

Full of horror, mystery, death and trauma, Growth is perfect for lovers of dark tales.

Comments

Popular Posts