Whispers of the Past - Cora Clark


As a lover of thrillers, I was excited to read Whispers of the Past by Cora Clark. 

Octavia Hanes returns home to Roseberg to discover the truth about an accident she was involved in several years ago as a child. She suffered amnesia after nearly drowning, and with her parents both presumed dead, uncovering the truth is up to her. Was it really an accident? Who was responsible for it? Why did it happen?

I thought the premise was strong and was hoping for Octavia to find the answers she was seeking. Clark gives readers a determined, independent woman as the lead. Sure, she is glad to have the support of her old friend Hayden. But she’s not waiting on him to do anything for her. She’s in charge.

I really enjoyed this book, thought it was easy to read and kept a quick, steady pace the whole way through, and had a difficult time putting it down. But I don’t feel that all of Octavia’s questions were answered. I found myself wanting to know more and I think I had more questions at the end than at the beginning.

I’m glad I discovered Cora Clark and look forward to reading more of her books.

Comments

Popular Posts