Stolen Truth - Henya Drescher


I’m always on the hunt for new thriller novels and was more than excited when I found Stolen Truth by Henya Drescher. The premise was unlike anything I’d ever read.

The main character is Bree Michaelson, a woman who finally feels like she has it all – a husband, a fancy house and a baby boy. But when she wakes up one morning, everything has been stripped away from her. There is no trace of her husband Todd, her newborn son Noah or the midwife Connie. Everything from photos and paint on the walls to the clothes and furniture that used to fill the closets and rooms surrounding her.

She tries to convince herself it’s just a bad dream that she can’t wake up from, but when her family and friends don’t believe her story, she wonders if she imagined it all. Was any of it ever real, or has she had another episode that will land her back in the mental institution? And if it was real, has she lost her husband and son forever?

I read through this book quite quickly because I couldn’t put it down! Drescher had me hooked within the first few pages, and I was wondering, along with Bree, what was going on. As a mother, I felt sad for her, and admired her stop-at-nothing attitude to save her son. Bree proved herself to be a strong, determined, independent woman who knew her truth all along. She’s a fighter!

This story is exciting, gripping and unpredictable, and I’d recommend it to anyone who loves psychological thrillers.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed Stolen Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Psychological thrillers are rarely believable. But this one is. Set in the rural Berkshire hills and in upstate NY, Drescher takes us on a mind twisting journey of a young woman un-believed by family, friends and authorities when her life is erased by a scheming husband. Ten years ago, the premise would be far-fetched. But in today's America, with all we've been through in the past few years and discovered about people we thought we knew, we know this can happen. The book is riveting and cost me some sleep as I could not put it down. The story would make a compelling play and or movie and I hope it is made. I await Dresher's next book with anticipation and hope it grips me even more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts